BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR'S NEWEST DESIGN ENGINEER LEAD
Do you find that you love a good challenge? Better yet, do you love to have fun while you embrace those challenges? Are you adventurous, creative and continuously improving?
If we haven't lost you yet, it sounds like you should consider coming to work with us at Bazooka Farmstar. We are always ready to try something new that will save our customers money, time and headaches. Our culture is one that believes that work/life is one, and there should be a balance.
We work hard, we play hard. How about you?
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
This position is responsible for the execution of all engineering deliverables and project management duties for assigned projects. Engineering Project Lead will manage project timelines and ensure execution is prioritized and efficient.
- Will be actively involved in developing original designs or adaptations to current product lines.
- Plans and conducts assignments of more than one project simultaneously. Review progress and evaluates results.
- May lead and/or direct projects through the entire product life cycle; inception through production and maintenance of product line (Combined design and manufacturing engineering).
- Prepares complete 3D models and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on complex parts, products, fixtures, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and resourcefully solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Will contribute to continuous improvement and corrective action teams to ensure proper implementation of quality improvements, cost reduction projects, and process improvements.
- Researches and investigates new materials, methods, production processes, and suppliers that benefit the design, function, and production.
- Manage project task lists and engineering deliverables, assigning and overseeing work of team members projects.
- Assist in training new employees and ensure they are executing to a high level while adhering to company quality and aesthetic standards, when applicable.
- Provide guidance/coaching to team members as you and your manager deem appropriate.
- Complete and identify project costing and calculations to then be communicated to the department manager.
- Initiate meetings with management regularly to ensure project execution is meeting expectations and actively participate in department meetings
- Identify and present opportunities for future products and improvements to current products.
- Follow all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Ag Engineering with Power and Machinery focus.
- 3-5 years of related product design experience.
- Demonstrated ability in accomplishing goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with heavy machinery, agricultural equipment/ systems, diesel engines, hydraulics, pumps, etc. preferred.
- Manufacturing workplace experience.
- An agricultural background is an added bonus.
- Highly mechanically inclined, with a demonstrated ability to absorb the knowledge of mechanical systems quickly.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software – Pro-E/Creo preferred.
Why Work at Bazooka Farmstar?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bi-Weekly or Twice Monthly
- Bonus Hours (hourly only)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Clothing Reimbursement
- YMCA Discount
- Training/ Education Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Program
- Gamechanger Recognition Program
A great work environment is key for keeping and recruiting Gamechangers, and that’s exactly what we want to offer. We aren’t just co-workers who come to work, sit at our desks, and don’t interact. We face daily projects together to put out the best work we can. Great news, we are looking to add to our team.
Want to meet others first? Check out Selfie Stories w/ Luke.