BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR'S NEWEST HR & SAFETY ASSISTANT
Do you find that you love a good challenge? Better yet, do you love to have fun while you embrace those challenges? Are you adventurous, creative, and continuously improving?
If we haven't lost you yet, it sounds like you should consider coming to work with us at Bazooka Farmstar. We are always ready to try something new that will save our customers money, time, and headaches. Our culture is one that believes that work/life is one, and there should be a balance.
We work hard, we play hard. How about you?
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
The HR & Safety Assistant will provide administrative support to the Human Resources team. The HR Assistant will be focused on file maintenance, benefit administration support, pre-employment tasks and develop/facilitate safety trainings.
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems
- Continued involvement in and refinement of the recruitment process, including job posting, participation in job/career fairs
- Assist in the hiring process which includes scheduling interviews and conducting pre-employment drug screenings
- Assist in event planning/working for company employee events
- Promote safety awareness through training seminars and informational materials
- Investigate workplace accidents and concerns
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce or eliminate risk
- Conduct worksite audits to identify potential risks and ensure regulatory compliance
- Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance, benefits, compiling reports, etc.) and OSHA/work compensation recordings
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Successful work experience, minimum of 2 years, as an HR Specialist, administrator or other HR position is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required and Adobe Photoshop or inDesign is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making
- Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and reliability
- Compliance experience in the manufacturing industry is a plus
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus
Why Work at Bazooka Farmstar?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bi-Weekly or Twice Monthly
- Bonus Hours (hourly only)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Clothing Reimbursement
- YMCA Discount
- Training/ Education Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Program
- Gamechanger Recognition Program
A great work environment is key for keeping and recruiting Gamechangers, and that’s exactly what we want to offer. We aren’t just co-workers who come to work, sit at our desks, and don’t interact. We face daily projects together to put out the best work we can. Great news, we are looking to add to our team.
Want to meet others first? Check out Selfie Stories w/ Luke.