BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR'S NEWEST PRODUCTION MANAGER
Do you find that you love a good challenge? Better yet, do you love to have fun while you embrace those challenges? Are you adventurous, creative and continuously improving?
If we haven't lost you yet, it sounds like you should consider coming to work with us at Bazooka Farmstar. We are always ready to try something new that will save our customers money, time and headaches. Our culture is one that believes that work/life is one, and there should be a balance.
We work hard, we play hard. How about you?
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
You will be responsible for managing all production operations and shop activities in the metal manufacturing processes, such as machining, metal forming, assembling, and welding. As the Production Manager, you will also be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and verifying the proper fabrication of assemblies as it pertains to welding, final assembly, painting, the overall production schedule of numerous simultaneous projects and the quality of the final product.
- Organize, supervise, direct and lead a diverse workforce.
- Foster a team environment and work effectively with peers from all departments.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with a high level of initiative, urgency and flexibility.
- Interview new applicants and make recommendations for hiring, promotions or changes in status of welders, fabrication, assembly and CIP/Manufacturing Engineer personnel.
- Create and manage the weekly staffing schedule for production employees to also include minimizing the amount of overtime and determining approval of vacation or time off requests.
- Manage the production schedule and identify lead times to provide to the customer.
- Promote the CIP Program and participate in decision making and implementation of ideas submitted.
- Follow company polices, standards, and specifications along with having involvement in developing these with the General Manager and Human Resources.
- Planning and implementation of internal training programs to continue providing personnel with a good knowledge of company products.
- Work with inside sales to ensure finished goods are being billed within a specified timeline.
- Analyze problems and cultivate alternative solutions.
- Enforce and practice safety for all shop floor activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5 years of related work experience with 2 years in a related supervisory level position.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with production planning including: scheduling, inventory.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Management and team management principles.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills and the ability to direct multiple projects.
Why Work at Bazooka Farmstar?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bi-Weekly or Twice Monthly
- Bonus Hours (hourly only)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Clothing Reimbursement
- YMCA Discount
- Training/ Education Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Program
- Gamechanger Recognition Program
A great work environment is key for keeping and recruiting Gamechangers, and that’s exactly what we want to offer. We aren’t just co-workers who come to work, sit at our desks, and don’t interact. We face daily projects together to put out the best work we can. Great news, we are looking to add to our team.
Want to meet others first? Check out Selfie Stories w/ Luke.