BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR'S NEWEST SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
Do you find that you love a good challenge? Better yet, do you love to have fun while you embrace those challenges? Are you adventurous, creative, and continuously improving?
If we haven't lost you yet, it sounds like you should consider coming to work with us at Bazooka Farmstar. We are always ready to try something new that will save our customers money, time, and headaches. Our culture is one that believes that work/life is one, and there should be a balance.
We work hard, we play hard. How about you?
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
This position performs a variety of engineering work in leading, planning, and design (or redesign) of products and/or product components. Will work with other engineering or production disciplines to ensure proper implementation of design (redesign). Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience. Take projects from concept, development, testing, and production following a defined stage-gate process.
- Will be actively involved in developing original designs or adaptations to current product lines.
- Plans and conducts assignments of more than one project simultaneously. Review progress and evaluate results.
- May lead and/or direct projects through the entire product life cycle; inception through production and maintenance of product line (Combined design and manufacturing engineering).
- Prepares complete 3D models and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on complex parts, products, fixtures, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and resourcefully solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Will contribute to continuous improvement and corrective action teams to ensure proper implementation of quality improvements, cost reduction projects, and process improvements.
- Researches and investigates new materials, methods, production processes, and suppliers that benefit the design, function, and production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering with Power and Machinery focus.
- Three or more years of related product design experience.
- Demonstrated ability in accomplishing goals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with heavy machinery, agricultural equipment/systems, diesel engines, hydraulics, pumps, electrical circuits, etc. preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Agriculture background is a plus.
- Highly mechanically inclined, with a demonstrated ability to understand mechanical systems quickly.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software – Pro-E/Creo preferred.
Why Work at Bazooka Farmstar?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bi-Weekly or Twice Monthly
- Bonus Hours (hourly only)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Clothing Reimbursement
- YMCA Discount
- Training/ Education Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Program
- Gamechanger Recognition Program
A great work environment is key for keeping and recruiting Gamechangers, and that’s exactly what we want to offer!