BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR'S NEWEST MIG WELDER
“One of the most rewarding parts of being a welder here at Bazooka Farmstar is seeing it come full circle. When I am driving down the road and see one of our yellow pieces of equipment in a field hard at work, knowing I had a part in making that happen is a pretty cool feeling.”
We are always ready to try something new that will save our customers money, time, and headaches. Our culture is one that believes that work/life is one, and there should be a balance. We work hard, we play hard. How about you? Apply today using the Pre-Employment Application on this page!
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead, etc.
- Control the processes of fitting, burning, and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheating distortion, expansion, or shrink of spare parts.
- Weld materials together with and without fixtures.
- Position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in a fixture.
- Ability to operate/cut material with hand plasma.
- Use any hand tools required for a specific job.
- Identify quality defects according to company standards.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder to make welds.
- Grind and clean weld joints.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Follow all safety procedures set by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma.
- Four years of welding experience, OR, Completion of an accredited four year welder’s training program: OR, Completion of an accredited two year welder’s training program and two years of welding experience: OR, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Capable of reading work instructions and orders.
- Capable of using and reading measuring tools.
- Capable of standing/bending/crouching for a 10-hour shift.
- Capable of lifting 75 lbs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
Why Work at Bazooka Farmstar?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bi-Weekly or Twice Monthly
- Bonus Hours (hourly only)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Clothing Reimbursement
- YMCA Discount
- Training/ Education Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Program
- Gamechanger Recognition Program